There are many reasons to install a video surveillance system in your business or organisation:
- Increase security and reduce expenses.
- It reduces the expenses related to security and repairs, often replacing the need for physical security (guards) or doing the same function more effectively.
- It is a powerful deterrent system; the presence of cameras intimidates intruders and vandals.
- Eliminates many usual dangers, theft from people, the destruction and theft of vehicles or property in garages and storage rooms, etc.
- Reduces the cost of repairs. No more painting over graffiti on walls.
How does it work?
As Oxford security services experts explain, modern video surveillance is capable of simultaneously monitoring and recording with DVD image quality, while allowing, if desired, remote control from an alarm centre.
Systems are typically designed to easily manage from 1 to 16 video channels through strict security measures that guarantee the privacy and security of those within the building or areas covered.
It allows the visualisation, in real time, on multiple screens, with drop-down menus, through simply clicking on the screen. Such systems also make possible the following:
- Automatic or manual adjustment of the image quality per camera; important for a more efficient management of the capacity and duration of the recordings.
- On-screen or audible alarms for activation of motion sensors. An effective warning system that alerts the caretakers of any movement of people or vehicles that occur in the building. Without needing to be permanently observing the screens, the cameras will warn you.
- Automatic window by movement. Know at each moment which cameras are capturing movement.
- Automatic shutdown and restoration due to electrical failures to prevent equipment damage.
Password for access to recordings. Only those persons authorised by the person in charge may access the recorded images.
Recording calendars programmable by cameras. This occupies less space and can therefore store more recording time.
Real-time recording capacity of all cameras in continuous recording, or by motion detection or by event or alarm. Technicians can programme the system based on your needs.
Quick search of recordings through event, motion detection, map or search calendar (date and time) makes it very easy to find the recording you need.
All equipment is connected to an alarm centre for the realisation of verification of alarms, and some models may be connected to mobile or PDA devices.
There is a wide range of cameras available for installation. These also include cameras with independent components instead of the compact cameras (which integrate electronics, optics and support in a single element).
Due to the greater durability of independent components, any faults that occur will only require independent components to be replaced without having to change the entire camera unit.
Isn’t it time your business benefited from such flexibility and convenience in security?