Given the current state that we are in now, many people have turned to online shopping to practice social distancing and minimize contact. From food to furniture, everything can be purchased online. If you are thinking of purchasing a vehicle online, well it is not something undoable in this age of Covid-19. It is entirely possible to complete the process of purchasing a car without having to leave your home. The good thing about buying a car online is that it saves you the time and stress of haggling with a dealer.
Below are some steps you will have to take to buy a car online:
- What kind of car are you interested in? What are the features do you want and most importantly, what is your budget? Once you have decided on the car model, do research online to find out more about the car that best suits your needs.
- You can search for the car from your local dealer’s website or on websites like Cars.com. As soon as you have found the exact car that you want to buy, you have to contact the dealer to make sure that the car is in stock or contact the owner of the car to begin the purchase process.
Once the deal is closed, it is time to ship the car back to you. Some dealerships are able to deliver the car to your home. Or if you are buying a car from another seller who is out of the state and you are unable to collect it yourself, don’t worry because there are a number of transport companies that can deliver it to you at a reasonable rate.
There are dozens of auto shipping companies out there and it can be difficult to find the good ones. This is where Shiply, an online shipment marketplace can help to find an affordable and reliable car shipping service. You just have to fill out a simple form with the details like make, model and size of the vehicle as well as the pickup and delivery locations. The car shipping companies will then send you quotes straight to your inbox, giving you the chance to easily assess your options and compare quotes for moving your car. Can’t get any easier than that eh?
The cost of shipping a vehicle will depend on the following:
- Distance: It is cheaper to deliver between two major cities compared to shipping between smaller cities or towns because there are more carriers covering these routes. Another thing that affects the price of auto transport is the distance of the drop-off location.
- Size of Vehicle: Bigger cars cost more to transport compared to smaller cars because they take up more space in the carrier. Heavier cars also add more cargo weight and more fuel is required to transport them.
- Season: Weather can impact the price of the shipment as well as the delivery timeline.
- Duration: The faster you want your car to be transported, the more expensive it can get.